Sunday, June 16, 2013

Power Shopping, Slightly Thinner Fat Girl Style

I needed to update my wardrobe.

Mostly because everything I own is quickly becoming too large to be wearable. Some things I want to keep and I know I will have to find someone to do alterations. Others can just be thrown out because they are worn, stained, or have holes.

In the past couple of months I've picked up a variety of items as I've slowly begun to shrink. I have taken my mother shopping for wardrobe updates as well. In doing so, I have received a number of coupons. And, I earned a rebate check in the form of a merchandise voucher.

So, knowing that the coupons would expire in a week and the rebate check would expire at the end of the end of the month, I took my slightly thinner fat girl self to the plus size women's boutique and shopped.

And shopped.

And shopped.

And shopped.

I shopped for three hours straight.

Because I positively HATE the idea of purchasing anything full price, I started with their clearance rack, where everything was previously marked down AND would have an additional 40% taken off the lowest ticket price at the counter.

Then, I moved on to their sales racks -- $10 off this dress, $20 off these dresses, $10 off shorts.

The sales lady rang up my purchases and I read my total.

Not even close to using all of my coupons.

Off to the panties bins -- normally $16 a pair marked down to 5 for $25.

And the bra racks, normally $42 marked down to $20.

And that amazing dress I love, and, hey just in case something happens, why not have a second hanging in my closet. It'll save on wear and tear, too, since I'm likely to wear it whenever I get the chance.

And jewelry at buy 1 get 1 50% off, even though I rarely wear it. But I know this piece will go with the amazing dresses.

And their non-sale panties -- normally $16 a pair bundled at 3 for $30.

And socks.

FINALLY, some three hours later, I had used all of my coupons. I had used my merchandise voucher.

4 dresses
4 pairs of shorts (summer is here tomorrow)
1 skort
7 camis/knit shirts
13 pairs of panties
3 bras
1 pajama set
1 spanx
1 pair earrings
1 necklace
3 pairs socks

Then the saleswoman applied the coupons and applied the rebate check. In the end, I paid less than 1/4 of the list price on each item.

I believe I can safely cross "clothes shopping" off my list for at least the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment