Thursday, July 3, 2014

When I Say

When I say, "I appreciate you,"
     I hope you hear all of the silent things
     hiding within my heart.

When I say, "I appreciate you,"
     I hope you hear:
          "You are important to me."
          "You matter to me."
          "I want you."
          "I want you."
          "I want you."

When I say, "I appreciate you,"
     I hope you see,
          that like a rare and beautiful orchid,
          my heart פֵאֲרָֽךְ׃ before you.
               My hands outstretched and open,
               offering myself in sacred trust,

Choosing fearlessness in my fear,
     I believe that the blessing is found
     in the offering of the self
     regardless of the other's accepting.

When I say, "I appreciate you,"
     I hope you know that what I want to say is,
     "I love you.
          Exactly as you,
          for all of who you have been,
          for all of who you are becoming.
     I love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment